Tuesday, 10th December 2013

Big News & Holiday Recipes

Brrr, it’s a cold one over here in Kuwait. Y’all probably are going to think I’m crazy when I say it’s 45 degrees outside. Hey, you have to understand it gets to the 80’s during the day. That’s a pretty significant drop if you ask me.

———————————————————————————-

Not only am I linking up to Becky’sTreat Yourself Tuesday, but I thought it’d link up to Jessie’s Together Tuesday as well.

I’m not sure if you caught it yesterday, but I mentioned I was studying for my Personal Trainer Certification. At the end of November I completed my classes @ The Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and realized I didn’t want to stop there. Joshua has been so supportive w/ me taking this time while were in Kuwait to devote to school. After some research and discussion, I decided to sign up for courses at ISSA. I was originally going to wait until January to start, but why? Why put off another dream of mine when I can start now? Life is too precious to put on hold.

A couple days ago I began this next chapter in my life and have been loving every single minute. Nothing aspires me more than continuing my education in the Health and Fitness field.

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been pinning ridiculous amounts of Holiday recipes the past few days. Here are a few of my favorite breakfast ideas that include Christmas flavors. Enjoy!

Deborah’s Peppermint Snickerdoodle Pancakes

Kim’s Whole Wheat Gingerbread Pancakes

Chocolate Eggnog Pancakes

Eggnog Crepes

…are you drooling yet?

Well guys, it’s time for me to eat breakfast and start cleaning the bathroom. Lovely huh? Please tell me I’m not the only one who HATES and I mean HATE cleaning the tub. As gross as it sounds, I’d much rather clean the toilet instead. Anyone out there feel the same? Ha!

• Favorite holiday recipe?

------------

Jessie Loves to Run social media:
Twitter: @JessieLoves2Run
Facebook: Jessie Loves To Run
Bloglovin: Jessie Loves To Run
Pinterest: Jessie Loves To Run
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

53 thoughts on “Big News & Holiday Recipes

1. Lisa

That’s so great you’ve decided to pursue some more certifications. I think that’s such an awesome thing to keep on aspiring to do.
    And oh man, all those recipes look amazing!

2. Anna @AnnaTheApple

Cleaning the bathrooms is my worst chore. Ben used to be in charge of it but then I saw how he ‘cleaned’ them…well let’s just say that job was quickly taken away from him haha.
    How exciting about the personal training course – you’ll be a great trainer!
    Anna @AnnaTheApple recently posted…Personal training sessionMy Profile

3. Lucie@FitSwissChick

It’s SO cool that you signed up for that PT certification!! You’ll be such a great Health Coach with all that knowledge!
    I’d love to come over and cook up some of those yummy pancakes with you. And yes, I would also help you cleaning even though I HATE everything cleaning. I rather iron a ton of laundry than clean :-)
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…Ditch the Diets by Danielle PrestejohnMy Profile

4. Becky@TheSavedRunner

That is so awesome that you are continuing your education! I would love to be a person trainer one day. I have actually talked about it with my husband. I used to teach fitness classes, and it was seriously my dream job! Oh, and girl I am with you about cleaning the tub. I would also rather clean the toilet any day! I think it’s because the tub is so big!
    Becky@TheSavedRunner recently posted…Icy Holiday WorkoutMy Profile

5. Madison @ Eating 4 Balance

You are just on a roll with all of these classes and certifications! You are amazing Jessie :) How long will the personal training certification take compared to the nutrition one? Is it as/more in-depth?

Peppermint snickerdoodle pancakes! Yum.

6. Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food

That’s awesome you’re continuing your education some more! Those recipes are also amazing looking.

I hate cleaning the tub too. I keep a really good scrubby sponge in the shower itself so that periodically, when I’m already in the shower I can scrub down anything that’s getting gross. It keeps things from getting bad and makes it super easy!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Christmas at the JeffersonMy Profile

7. Caitlin

Woot Woot! Congrats on this next phase of your journey hun! That’s so exciting :) I can’t wait to see where you go with this, and I think it’s wonderful (although not at all surprising) that Joshua is so supportive! You just made my mouth water with all those pancake recipes, too! I just finished breakfast a little bit ago and was sad to open this up and see the gingerbread pancakes. Cinnamon were fine but gingerbread sounded even better…something to make later this week :)
    Caitlin recently posted…The Season of HealingMy Profile

8. Amee

That’s so exciting about your Issa training. I think you’ll do great! What an adventure! I’m with you on bathrooms. I have a tile shower that is a beast to clean. Good luck!

9. Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream

CONGRATULATIONS Jessie!! That is so exciting!! I have actually been really thinking about starting my PT certification – through NASM – and I figured I’d start in the new year….but you’re right – why wait??? The sooner I start, the sooner I’m done, the sooner I can put it into action!! :)
    Keep us posted on how the studying (the whole process really!) is going!!
    Those pics are all totally drool-worthy!!
    Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream recently posted…Vitalicious SuperSampler Giveaway!!My Profile